As we all know Gitex Global 2022, the most prominent exhibition event in the arena of technology has brought together 5,000+ leading technology companies. The halls of the Dubai World Trade Centre are filled with huge masses of people— General visitors, Exhibitors, Delegates etc. It is astounding to just see countless people gathered in one place to know all about technological innovations, especially after the pandemic.
So, what are the most notable events that happened on day 3 of GITEX? In this article, we will look into the recap of 13th October 2022.
- The UAE government is staying one step ahead of time and ensuring they can adapt to any situation with the latest tech innovations.
- This GITEX GLOBAL marks the launch of the first autonomous taxi, urban planning initiatives, such as HD maps for autonomous vehicles, and the work on biometrics by the GDRFA.
- The Dubai Police have announced the launch of the new ‘Ghiath’ patrol as a non-fungible digital asset, or NFT. This announcement happened at the World Trade Centre. The primary goal is to enable NFT owners to have exclusive access to the latest collections of digital assets and to open doors in front of specialists and those interested in digital assets to communicate with Dubai Police, as well as provide them with an opportunity to participate in workshops and sessions in the field of digital assets.
- In addition to “Ghiath”, the RTA exhibited the automated taxi called “Cruise”, it will be a completely automated driverless taxi which will pick us up from one place and drop us at our destination. The taxi is filled with 40+ state-of-the-art sensors to keep track of the environment and safely deliver passengers.
- The Telecommunications and Digital Government Regulatory Authority is also actively engaging people with their innovations like the automatic coffee-making machine, interactive box tennis which lets people play in real time etc.
- DEWA presents DigitalDewa at Gitex and launched “Dewaverse” —To implement and develop its current and future projects, DEWA invests in Metaverse technology, which contributes to stakeholder satisfaction, business development, efficiency and production enhancement, and cost reduction
- With the launch of Dewaverse, Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) became the first local government organisation to launch its Metaverse platform for providing services to customers, employees, and communities.
- Federal authority for identity citizenship customs and ports security at Gitex announced that Emirates ID biometrics can be done by Smartphone soon.
- According to the authorities, the applicant simply has to scan their passport or the barcode from the application and the app will authenticate facial recognition and then it will guide the applicant on how to record the biometrics.
- The applicants have to make sure they follow the instructions and make sure that the data is recorded properly. This update is definitely going to make biometrics for Emirates ID much easier.
- In the presence of H.E. Abdullah bin Mohamed Al Hamed, chairman of the Department of Health – Abu Dhabi (DoH) launched the “Robotic Process Automation” (RPA) during DoH’s participation at GITEX Global 2022. Contributing to the Abu Dhabi digital transformation agenda, DoH seeks to leverage the automation of specific services to support increased skill development within its workforce.
- The tool will ultimately increase efficiency and maintain round-the-clock operations of healthcare services resulting in an unparalleled healthcare journey for customers as well as the tasked workforce.
- Injazat, the UAE’s home-grown technology champion has announced the intent to partner with Juniper Networks.
MOU Signing with ServiceNow:
- Injazat also announced that it has joined the ServiceNow Partner Program to offer digital workflow capabilities.
- Injazat & MOHAP: Injazat has announced its MoU signing with the Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP). It is a Memorandum of Understanding to Create Digital solutions.
- Commercial Bank International & Pickl. partnered up to take a dining experience to a whole new level in the digital era. Order your delicious burger in the metaverse and get a taste of the hybrid delicious experience at XVERSE.
- Ali Sultan Rakkad Al Amri, CEO of CBI said: “We are proud to be the first ever bank in the UAE and among the first in the Middle East to bring the metaverse experience to our customers and people. We aim to enhance the integration of real and digital worlds, and we will continue to implement new digitisation initiatives and advanced technologies to serve our customers better.”
Discussion on Sonic Branding in the Metaverse
- This event of Marketing Mania started off with Uli Reese(Author of 101GreatMinds, Partner, Global CMO of Amp sound Branding) addressing the importance of sonic branding and a discussion with Calle Sjoenell, Chief Creative Officer Nordics of Meta(Sweden).
- Calle talked about what the Metaverse is and being connected by all means in the Metaverse, “Say your Avatar has one outfit in a universe it will be the same in all other verses” he stated. “Sound is important, imagine walking in the Metaverse without any sound. It’s weird, isn’t it? Any kind of sound is important, many sounds can be added like environmental sounds etc. One thing that cannot be changed in the Metaverse is your voice” He adds.
- This Discussion between them continued where they answered the questions of the audience and made it more interesting and knowledgeable to everyone present in the arena.
Injazat, UAE’s home-grown technology company. Their mission is to walk the journey of digital transformation side by side with the clients, so they can focus on thriving and making an impact. They strongly believe in the power of co-creation and design thinking. Solutions, therefore, are not only technologically innovative and powerful but also industry relevant and highly flexible, to fit all possible requirements in a world of constant change.
About Juniper Networks:
Juniper Networks is a global leader in AI Networking, Cloud, and Connected Security Solutions. It strives to deliver network experiences that transform how people connect, work and live. By challenging the inherent complexity in the 5G and cloud era, their solutions power the connections that matter most – from education to healthcare to secure banking. Their commitment is to advance real outcomes for network teams and every individual they serve.
ServiceNow is an American software company based in Santa Clara, California that develops a cloud computing platform to help companies manage digital workflows for enterprise operations. ServiceNow is a platform-as-a-service provider, providing technical management support, such as IT service management, to the IT operations of large corporations, including providing help desk functionality. The company’s core business revolves around the management of “incident, problem, and change” IT operational events.